Luminosity

Hello everyone, I’ve finally made Luminosity available for download! You can find it here:

github.com/IntentDev/Luminosity

Documentation is sparse at the moment. On Sunday March 25 2018 at 2pm PST there will be a Youtube live stream where I’ll demonstrate how to use LM. In case you can’t make but still would like to see the video, it will be recorded and available on the IntentDev Youtube channel.

youtube.com/channel/UCAz7z2 … 7_qLPHwk8A

Please use this thread for all questions relating to operation of Luminosity and use the Github Issues page for submitting bugs.

cheers
Keith

9 Likes

What an invaluable resource.

Great work Kieth, thanks for sharing!

Brian Alexander
TD Technical Solutionist

this is huge. thank you!

Thank you again, Keith. It is an amazing resource indeed!

Very inspiring work and awesome presentation, many thanks for the share Keith!

The titles on the Presets and animation panels are showing super big. How can I resize them so they look normal? seems like a resolution issue. I’ve attached a screenshot for reference.

Thanks again!

Hmm are you running TD on a Mac? If not maybe it could some sort of windows scaling issues?

Also I’ve noticed some other issues in the experimental builds, so if your running experimental you might want to revert to the Official TD build

Yes I’m running TD on a mbp pro. Using 099 16620 official build.

Thx!

1 Like

Sounds like a TD issue then. If you could post the bug on the Bugs forum, then one of the Derivative developers can take a look at it.

I don’t have a Mac to test it on but in either case it sounds like Font scaling issue on OSX.

Ok cool will do.

cheers

also. There is a high probability simply reverting to the official TD build will solve the issue.

There are probably other problems with Luminosity and the Experimental TD build at this time.

i make this post just to say thank you to keith for creating this great piece to inspire the community. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Could you tell me how to open that Presets dialog and I’ll look into it. All the rest of the UI is holding up nicely for me but I can’t find that dialog in the screengrab.

It’s the preset control panel Ben, you’ll just need to press any green button (labeled “C”) in the top left corner of any control panel to bring it up.

man thanks man!

Wicked! Thank you. I’m new to TD, well I’m just about to purchase it, so was looking for an interface just like this to get rolling with it as soon as I get it. Luminosity looks sexy.

Sick! :astonished: :astonished:
THX keithlostracco!

Hi Keith,

this is an amazing tool!

i’m trying to see if I can use it for a show with 4 projectors, linear projection on a facade of 50 meters

one question: the projector setup units is meters? just to keep things in scale, and export the building model in the correct dimensions

thank you,
cheers

Rui

Thanks Rui!

The scale/units of the projection setup is arbitrary. You can work in meters or feet, ie 1 == meter or 1==foot.

The only issue would be the actual projector size in the previs, since most of the projects I’ve been involved with were specced in feet the projectors are approximately 2*3 units which would be very large in meters…

It only matters visually in the previs though since all proj measurements are taken from the tip and center of the lens. You can relatively easily modify the projector size if needed as well.

yup i’m catching up the recording of the presentation in youtube, witch i’ve seen live, but didn’t remember that you’ve mentioned the inches / meters part!

all good then, i’m fiddling with camshnapper now :slight_smile:

thanks

Yes unfortunately I don’t think talked about units in the presentation…

Hope the project goes well for you!