APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

Luminosity

Share your components here. First one to 100 wins!

Re: Luminosity

Postby Instrumental Asylum » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:30 pm

Awesome, thanks, I didn't see that.

I mean if we add our own effects and such, what do we need to do to make sure that their nodes stop cooking/running when we're not using them in a performance? For example, I replaced the default scene with my own component that's a bit heavy, and I'm paranoid that it's still cooking while I'm not actually using its scene clip on a channel.
Instrumental Asylum

Postby keithlostracco » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:11 am

That depends on your network, but I've implemented an 'Active' attribute for that exact reason.

For most things if you simply aren't viewing (or routing) them they won't cook in TD, but if your not viewing something just because a level is down doesn't mean it won't cook. There must be a hard switch for it not to cook. There are some ops though that cook no matter what unless you bypass them and if other ops are connected downstream they will cook also such as timerCHOP, keyframeCHOP (when set to sequential or locked to timeine),renderTOP etc...

This is where I use the Active property in the in the inherited Plugin extension on all Luminosity plugins. If you build an effect or generator all plugins get deactivated when they are either off (effect) or not playing (gen) - that doesn't mean your custom plugin won't cook though, you still need to use the Active property to toggle whatever you want off. I think the Feedback effect uses Active as well as a few other plugins if you would like an example. A scene isn't quite as straightforward since it's a bit ambiguous whether it is being selected or viewed (there is no insert on/off button or trigger/select functionality like effects and gens) so if you want to deactivate your scene 100% while it is still selected within LMs routing system you should have an Active parameter setup in it's controls to disable or enable it's state.

Hope this clarifies things.
keithlostracco

Postby TimFranklin » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 am

Thank you Keith, this is incredible!

I'd like to use this on an upcoming show where I'll be triggering other devices automatically using DMX at certain points within a single video clip. Is this possible?

If there isn't a system in place, I was thinking I could build a generator plugin that plays back a movie file and has timers to fire DMX.

Thanks again,
Tim
TimFranklin

Postby keithlostracco » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi Tim,

Glad you'll be able to use LM for some your projects.

You could make a generator to trigger DMX channels/values, should be pretty straightforward. It will still need at TOP output but it could just be a constant texture.

There are a couple of other alternatives:

- Build a scene and use the presets of the scene controls to recall different settings - there is a also a callbacks system in the presets component you can use to for custom stuff.

- Simply build a component somewhere then use the CuePlayer and it's callback DAT to recall various states in your component.

Hope this helps!
keithlostracco

Postby TimFranklin » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Thanks for the info Keith, I'll look into these options and find one that works for us!
TimFranklin

Postby Instrumental Asylum » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Great, thanks. I'll have to do some homework and look into the active attribute.

I've noticed that midi mapping doesn't work for turning effects on and off, or for selecting channels (I'm using selected mode). Is this some type of bug that there's a workaround for? If not, where is the mechanism that toggles effects located so I can tap into it and map it myself? I'm starting to understand the geography of the network but I couldn't find it.

To describe what I'm seeing, in Midi Mapper Mode, the effects slots have one map option for all 6 names, and one for all 6 toggles, I've tried both on both knobs and buttons and the map options don't seem to change anything.
Instrumental Asylum

How do I change the project window size?

Postby emusictown » Tue May 14, 2019 7:19 am

How do I change the project window size?
Attachments
2.png
2.png (177.73 KiB) Viewed 1112 times
emusictown

Previous

Return to Shared .tox Components