Luminosity

i make this post just to say thank you to keith for creating this great piece to inspire the community. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Could you tell me how to open that Presets dialog and I’ll look into it. All the rest of the UI is holding up nicely for me but I can’t find that dialog in the screengrab.

It’s the preset control panel Ben, you’ll just need to press any green button (labeled “C”) in the top left corner of any control panel to bring it up.

man thanks man!

Wicked! Thank you. I’m new to TD, well I’m just about to purchase it, so was looking for an interface just like this to get rolling with it as soon as I get it. Luminosity looks sexy.

Sick! :astonished: :astonished:
THX keithlostracco!

Hi Keith,

this is an amazing tool!

i’m trying to see if I can use it for a show with 4 projectors, linear projection on a facade of 50 meters

one question: the projector setup units is meters? just to keep things in scale, and export the building model in the correct dimensions

thank you,
cheers

Rui

Thanks Rui!

The scale/units of the projection setup is arbitrary. You can work in meters or feet, ie 1 == meter or 1==foot.

The only issue would be the actual projector size in the previs, since most of the projects I’ve been involved with were specced in feet the projectors are approximately 2*3 units which would be very large in meters…

It only matters visually in the previs though since all proj measurements are taken from the tip and center of the lens. You can relatively easily modify the projector size if needed as well.

yup i’m catching up the recording of the presentation in youtube, witch i’ve seen live, but didn’t remember that you’ve mentioned the inches / meters part!

all good then, i’m fiddling with camshnapper now :slight_smile:

thanks

Yes unfortunately I don’t think talked about units in the presentation…

Hope the project goes well for you!

Thx for that Keith :exclamation:

Keith.

Thank a lot for that jewel.

Finally i did open a node and tha second monitor got fill with some image… not that one which i trigger but finally i saw something in a output monitor.

I just tryng from a non-commercial licenced 099 TD, and i must to supossed that there exist some restriction using Luminosity?

Hello, there are no restrictions with Luminosity itself.

If you use the none commercial version of TD then you’ll be restricted it’s limitations.

cheers
Keith

It looks like Luminosity uses Shared Mem Out CHOP which isn’t supported in the non-commercial version. I get red/blue checkerboards inside each of my channels.

Shared mem isn’t used when LM is in internal mode. See Project Settings to change from Local to Internal mode.

cheers
Keith

Hi Keith,

Just starting to get my head around luminosity, thanks for sharing it, it looks amazing!

Why would I only have 1 clip channel available to me? I can’t seem to increase the number of channels in the project setup. that box is greyed out… is this a non-commercial restriction or a hardware based restriction?

Thanks again

Hi,

It’s in single channel mode by default. See project settings Channel Mode to change modes.

cheers
Keith

Hi Keith, the git says “16620 or newer” but I’ve noticed problems with things like effects presets and aux send lists etc on current official build. My guess is that the experimental builds with known list comp bugs have now been promoted to official, but the git still says “or newer”. If I shouldn’t be getting these with current official let me know and I’ll document them.

I’ve just installed 16620 and opening the project brings up a bunch of warnings of unrecognised parameters. Should I try 23760 (the build it tells me it was built in)?

Actually the newest official build send to be working decently.