Speedy Shaker - multi-blending compositor **updated**

Hi guys,

This is the 2nd instalment in a serie of post-processing tools.

Based on the excellent component by @archo-p Multi-comper/mover. Thank you!
derivative.ca/Forum/viewtopic.ph … ilit=multi

It gives TD the super powers of Photoshop/Aftereffects with masking, blending, color correction, tinting, blooming and some other tricks with layer control. Right now it has 16 layers which is more practical than physical limitation, because it uses very extensively custom parameters.

It’s still in version 1, but I was working with it for couple of weeks now and it seems pretty solid. Definitely needs some cleaning up and optimization, so would be happy to debug it.

Give it a try and stay strange!

Full list of functionnalities is on git:

github.com/ovvostudio/TD-Speedy-Shaker

but you can also grab it from here.

small update v1.01:

1 Like

Hey thanks for this. I think a portion of it is a bit beyond me atm without looking into it, but it seems to work well. Cheers.

Hi Blake,

Thanks! It’s meant to be the final workhorse node to get everything together, polish it and give it the final look before pushing the pixels out. Using it for everything and didn’t get any bugs for now. Just the bloom bugs me, it looks bad on smal values. Hopefully, I will integrate 2 pass blur/glow soon as well as some modular insert fx you can just drop into. Also need to optimize it even though it has really small footprint in the system.

Best
Sh

This is awesome!

My only input would be to offer an example in the form of a toe with locked layers, showing what its like doing more complex compositing with mattes and all… Also I think its pretty vital to point out the “add layer” button, it took me quite a while to realize thats how it works.

Thank you! Glad you like it.

Yeah, I imagine it would be useful, just I was (and am) in the middle of smth (always!) and it’s kind of a boring but necessary part that’s always left out.

Promise to correct this as soon as I can.

As far as Add layer goes, I must have mentioned somewhere that this is 16 fully featured layer component with dynamic GUI so you’re adding/deleting layers and GUI adjusts.

Anyway, will post more in depth explanation, like matting which is always confusing for me with native component.

Best
sH

you would need to show us an example on how to use this properly, or am I the only one that cannot figure out how to work it out? absolute fan of photoshop here.
description is cool but how does it work exactly? there are thousands nods in here!