Raymarching (examples + tutorial)

Hello everyone! Last week I dig into topic of raymarching and here is my first tutorial about it. Some basic understanding of GLSL would be really helpful, but you can just change every parameter and values in the code and learn it in a such way (I’m actually using this approach a lot).
Supplementary files are here: github.com/exsstas/Raymarching-in-TD/

[video]Raymarching in TouchDesigner tutorial. Part I - Defining a geometry - YouTube

Nice, thanks for sharing!

GOOD JOB!!! there’s a way to rotate the camera ??

Hi!

There are several way to do it. Recently I made this setup for my new tutorial and combining raymarching and polygonal rendering, but you can use the same approach for raymarching only. It works with Camera COMP with most of it transform parameters.
I don’t want to change my old example files, because it should be the same as in video, so you’ll need to copypaste code from the attach by yourself. Changes are in main() only

RM+poly.toe (20.1 KB)

1 Like

Thanks man, i m already following u in youtube. Thank s for the one of the 3d primitive i was still missiing some step. Be carefull that is always better to keep P as pos. TD guy make some stuff working better … :slight_smile: