Kantan Mapper - an approach on simple mapping in TD

zedmaster,

Sorry for the very late reply. Boardmisha did essentially the same thing as I did. It fixes the performance mode problem.

Hey,

this slipped my todo list. just uploaded a fix for Kantan which mainly concerns the output window opening in performance mode instead of a separate window.

cheers
Markus

I was wondering if there is way to use an alpha channel inside the projection? I’d like to use two shapes that overlap and I’m driving the opacity of the shape in the front (level TOP opacity) expecting to reveal the other input connected to the shape below. But all that happens is that the top shape turns into gray.
Appreciate any tips, Cheers!

Hi, I’m a bit new to the Kantan Mapper. Is there a way so that I could hide the points of a selected layer (polygon), or turn its color to black? I’ll need to select layers while performing live (moving specific layers up/down once in a while). I’ve already turned the ‘selection outline’ to black in the ‘master’ node of a polygon (i.e. ‘masterfree’) but I can’t seem to hide the points.

Basically, is there a way for stealthy selection? Any help would be much appreciated!

I have question on kantan mapper.

• how to get the output in a node in the network Editor

• is it possible to lock a mask

• when we put a video as a texture is it possible to keep it aspect ratio, map the rect shape as the video size. Or have a control of the rect size, example to make the size 200 px by 300px.

instead of playing with all corner of the shape can we control the size. example if i press S key the shape will scale in proportion.

thanks for any info on that.

GameL and ajk48n:

I have the same problem – when 2 projectors are connected the rectangles do not match the edit points – also the display window is not correctly aligned with the projector output. Did you guys find a solution?

I just downloaded Kantan for the first time today (7/25/16). I should add that I am absolutely a beginner in TouchDesigner – though I have visual programming and textual coding experience.

I am finding TouchDesigner to be very unintuitive as far as visual programming goes – so I’ll go take some tutorials in the meantime.

Thanks,
Marc

Any thoughts?

Does anyone have a fix for the grid warp issue? The grid points kinda go off on their own when trying to move them.

I am new to TD. I am following a video tutorial on derivative.ca/Events/2014/T … hopVideos/

As I follow the tutorial, have downloaded kantanmapper.tox file from the forum. It will not let me drag and drop the file onto my project.

It just does the circle with an x in it.

I can open it on its own. Seeing that this is my first project in TD I wouldn’t know where to go from that point “opening it as a new TD session” and then starting the project via the tutorial.

The file they are using in the tutorial is kantanmattper4.tox ? I don’t know if that was special to that particular Toronto Workshop or what? I would think not.

Do I need to place this file somewhere else before I drag and drop?

I am using Non Commercial TD with DVIDIA GForece GTX 960
Current build of TD 61910
I can’t wait to start using this!!
Thank you for you time!
Tbamb24

Update;

Ok, so I just opened the kanatanmapper.tox file, TD then opened a new session, then I sort of followed the tutorial in reverse. WALLA. It worked and works well.

I still don’t understand why I can not drag and drop?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Strange you can’t drag and drop. You’re trying to drag from Windows Explorer and dropping it into a blank space in the network editor (the grid)?

Yes elburz. It is strange. On an amazing positive note! I was able to download TD Non Commercial for Mac last night, downloaded Kantan and dragged and dropped it into the new build! It was amazing, I am predominately a Mac user so this is just too rad!

Having problems with bad image quality when using Kantan – see post here:

derivative.ca/Forum/viewtop … f=4&t=9825

Is this normal? Please let me know… i’m holding off my client for the time being but would like to be able to fix this problem…

Thanks,
Marc

I am having the same problems described in earlier post with the mouse drifting off when moving the grid warp points. I am using TD 64bit 62160 and downloaded the Kantan mapper 02.18.17

I would love to use it on my next project, but I do need to have the grid warp function working correctly. I assume it is not behaving like it was intended to.

thanks for considering,

Martin

Hi Martin,

i fixed the drifting for the grid warp. Problem was the same as before, i missed another rounding error that had to be compensated for.

Please find the latest release on the first page

Just yesterday I added mottoKantan to the Forum - if you are running TouchDesigner099 please give that a try - it’s an complete rebuild and will be kantan’s successor. The version here will most likely not receive any updates after this.

Best
Markus

I noticed that I can’t grab and move the points of a Freeform or a Bezier shape using the mouse. I can select and move the points using the tab key and the arrow keys but not the mouse. Moving with the mouse works on all the other shapes.

Is there something that i’m missing or a way to fix this?

thanks
eric

Hi Eric,
Not sure what is happening in your case or what version of TouchDesigner you are using (Important when reporting issues) but please try MottoKantan which is our Kantan replacement and getting all the development time now.

Thanks

Is there a way to set up rectangles positions and textures programatically? Like any tables that can be edited to automatically create a setup of mapped areas?

Well, to answer my own question and help anyone out in the future, this can be done with Python

To add a rectangle with a set position:

op('kantanMapper/project').ext.Layerizer.AddRect(pnt1=[-200,0], pnt2=[50, -300])

To edit rectangle properties:

kantan = op('kantanMapper')
allShapes = kantan.op('project/allShapes')

pars = allShapes.op('item' + str(i) + '/parameters')

pars.par.Name = 'Rectangle ' + str(i)
pars.par.Texture = '/project1/noise' + str(i)
pars.par.Showtexture = 1

I’ve found a couple bugs within Kantan. I’ve added bug reports in the forum, but they aren’t getting much traction there. I figured I’d link them here in case this was more watched.

I’ve found fixes for both of these bugs, and they are included in the links

Kantan slows down drastically when showing a Render TOP that is rendering instanced textures inside a Geo Comp
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13386

Kantan incorrectly palces rows and columns when they are added on a grid warped rectangle. The new rows/columns are not placed under the mouse cursor.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13421