How to video stream out to simple phone/tablet app

I need to get a videoStreamOut top to an iphone, ipad, and android phone. Can’t seem to get it to work.

Has anyone got this running with a free or inexpensive app? Any tricks to it I might be missing?

VLC media player app can do it. The latency is high though, not sure if that matters for your case though?

You can use any app that can receive RTSP streams.

VLC has high latency because of the default buffer settings in the cliënt.

We had little test on fb helpgroup and lowest latency was then with the free “RTSP viewer” app on iphone/android.

For IOS, I recommend AVPlayer [url]https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/avplayer/id395680819?mt=8[/url].

For Android I used a free app called RTSP Player with no problem. VLC player never worked with my TD streams unfortunately.

Thanks for replies everyone. Turns out my problem was a network conflict after all. Got it working.

BUT, SEE BELOW…

So, here is my new situation. My video stream works, but only if my source is connected via wire to my router. Is there a reason I can’t stream out via wireless? Is there some sort of network setting I need to mess with?

Is both wired and wireless connected to the machine? It could be opening the server on the wrong connection.

Ah yes, that seems to be what is happening! Is there any way around that? I don’t have much control (any) over how Disney sets up their networks…

Actually there is another problem. Setting the stream parameter active to False and back to True works only when wired. With no wired connection, setting to False disconnects, but setting to True does not reconnect.

Basically, I can connect when wired to router. I can then disconnect my wire and stay streaming over wireless. But if I disconnect I cannot reconnect over wireless.

Currently I don’t think we expose a way to select which network card the port is opened on… Maybe there is a windows networking setting to make a server opened on a certain port get done on a certain network interface, no sure.

This problem is separate from that for me. I can’t get it to connect to the stream from wireless to wireless. Wireless does clearly work, because if my laptop STARTS wired, I can disconnect the wire and the stream continues. But I cannot connect unless I start wired.

This might be a problem with whichever app you’re using? I’m using my own RTSP client and it just picks up every time. Obviously it can be slow as you’re streaming video over wifi.

Anyone had any success stable video streaming from Touch to Android? RTSP on LAN seems rock solid with iPhone 6 and desktop but to Android / Galaxy S7 these are my results

with videostreamout settings in Touch
Profile - Baseline, Quality 2, Bitrate 1, H264 slices 1, 10FPS

Unity app / EasyMovieTexture plugin - plays but then crash and OS reboot within 1min
VLC - no connection - hangs app
RTSP Player - plays but then hangs within 1min

Is it possible there’s some keep alive protocol required?