2D Fluid solver

Hi,

I adapted the CG code of the cpu gems fluid solver (http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGem … _ch38.html) to GLSL, making it work in touch, some of you may be interested!

And here’s I use the fluid as a displacement vimeo.com/16404375

Vincent
2dfluid.toe (7.66 KB)

Great!

I had huge fun with it as a displace TOP input to mangle live video

Rod.

Hi,

Since someone requested it, here is the 3d version of the fluid with raycasting, used here : vimeo.com/17811118

Cheers,
Vincent
3dfluid.toe (17 KB)

Thanks! I’m only getting 10 fps on my GTX 285 unfortunately. will take a closer look at the network later.

You can try lowering the number of jacobi iterations, the fluid resolution, the resolution of the rendering (one ray is shot per pixel), the number of steps for the shadows which are expensive the way it’s done…

But the geforce 285 is quite older than the geforce 4XX no ? So it doesn’t seem incoherent. Fluid simulation is always very slow, it’s even worse in software…

True. I still haven’t had the time to check out the code but I’m sure there are alot of params to tweak. Are you using any space skipping algorithm to skip over big empty areas of the volume? seems like it would help in the case of a shaft of smoke inside a cubic volume.