Webcam Body Detection & Blob Tracking

I posted a video on Instagram a few days ago and received lots of requests for a tutorial. I have added a bunch of notes inside my Touch Project file explaining what I’m doing and links to tutorials I used to learn the stuff.

I attached the Touch Project and here’s a link too, just in case:
[url]https://www.owenlowery.com/100interactive/034_Xman_Webcam.zip[/url]

Link to Video
[url]Owen on Instagram: "100 interactive 034 "The Mutant Node" Combining several new approaches I've been learning in TouchDesigner in order to create body reactive visuals without needing a Kinect or depth cam, just an ordinary cheap webcam. This utalizes Blob Tracking, chroma key, Cache, difference, Displace, and Feedback TOPs as well as a few others. My eventual goal is to create digital arts workshops for rural and inner-city youths without much money. I'm liking the results of this one. #100interactive #100dayproject #ouScrippsMFA #touchdesigner #blobtracking #cache #feedback #interactiveart #interactive #digitalart #motiondetection #webcam #generative #generativeart #derivative #mutant #mutantpower #xmen #playreactive #touch099 #dna #dnasensor #sensors #realtime #realtimerendering"

034_Xman_Webcam.zip (6.58 MB)
MutantNode_Small.jpg

1 Like

Really glad you posted this here, glad to have discovered your work.

Its super refreshing and great and awesome to see such charm and hilarity in the work, so much of this stuff can be SO intensely serious. Your insta account is a gem. That balloon blob tracking video really tickled me.

Stoked to see what you’re cooking up.

-Casey

thanks for the rainbow flames )

This is hilarious. Super cool node too

Great!! :smiley: