desert sun

hi, this is a still that then I make it sort of 3d with a displacement TOP to pseudo navigate it, but here’s the main still.
Yes, 0fps.

TOPs, TOPs, TOPs!
catchofthedayspecial.rar (981 KB)

yum!

looking forward to the sunburned .toes

Rod.

well, I had to split the toe in two cause it was heavy on the gpu, but at the end both .toes weighted more than 2gigs of gmem. not a nice feeling to share. The first half .toe even brought Malcom’s machine to it’s knees!!! (excuse Malcom, wasn’t aware at the time).
As for me I thought, I just need to snap a still and there’s no need to clean the kitchen, so I just fought the clog through; didn’t look at first that it could all burn in flames.

in order to preserve the image after a lot of processing, 16bit were used when possible.

the first top was a vertical ramp, intended for a basic airbrushed-like desert bkg for an obvious chrome-like effect. for some 2d metaball experiments. in fact that’s the name of the project, Metaball_2D.toe. I just got out of focus.
but got the 2d metaball working though, but needs some refining. (funny,this automatic spellchecker is insisting me that i want to say meatball, not metaball, whatever).

makes me smile!

thanks jim, for answering with an image. In fact eyes are smiling when you can see the sun reflected on them (?).

but the first landscape I got to see with touch was scroggins beach, and was for sure an inspiration. In fact I thought that I was going to LA next week but had to cancel for some delays on the visa bureaucracies, I wanted to meet you and maybe get a chance to see your work without macroblocks! But OK, I’ll be patient then, for sure there will be much more to see next time.

Thanks for the nice words!
Yeah too bad you can’t make it out here.
Till then, maybe we can exchange media through mail?