Audiovisual Improvisation

vimeo.com/73735397

Video is TD, Audio is Max/MSP, a nord modular and some analoge modular synth.
Nearly realtime.
It worked realtime and I recorded all Audio data(used for generating the visuals) into CHOPS.
In realtime it worked at about 20FPS at 1280*720(I know that doesn’t make sense when you look at the aspect ratio)

So I did some minor tweaks, scaled up the resolution and offline redered it out of touch…

greetings and hope you enjoy!

Somehow I knew this was another gem from Patrick Lechner when I saw the thumbnail on vimeo… Awesome work man!

What gpu are you using? Do you think you could pull off higher realtime fps with a better card(s)?

this is wonderful and inspiring.thanks!
Rod.

He thanks a lot!! Very happy to hear you like it!

Interesting question. I guess there was some room for optimization in the patch itself. I was using 077 back then and noticed when I opened it in 088 I had a couple of more FPS.
Sure, better card(s) would help, why are you asking? you got any? :smiley:
I mean I am sure this can be done at 30 fps with a highend consumer system and some careful optimization work.
I’m using a geforce GTX 670.
cheers!
(btw. derivative said they want to do some article about this, so more details are to come if you are interested.)

Haha, we’ll I might have a spare 580 when I upgrade…actually no I won’t, because I need all the Cuda cores I can get for rendering in Octane.

Anyway, I was just seeing what I might uncover about touchdesigner and current gpus, because it seems that top of the line card doesn’t always mean best anymore, at least in the case of octane. BUT, that’s for a different discussion.

Can’t wait to read the article!

Ian

Wicked!

thanks!