Updated website

Hi all,

I have some clips from a performance last week, i-vapor.com.

Jeff

wow some nice stuff in there!

what was your setup - looks like you were mixing two Touch synths live.

How did you get the thick black edging on one of the latter ones?

The spermy things … related to an El Kabong one?

And there kinda shadows with the ring-heart thing - how was that done?

What triggering and looping are you doing? hand triggers, straight loops, auto-sound-triggering?

Are you doing the 3D stuff then post-processing in Touch to get the symmetric repeats patterns?

I personally find the ones with a more restrained color palette more pleasing.

thanks for posting.

Hi Greg,

Thanks, glad you like the stuff, some answers . . . Also, sent you a DVD recording of the show, did you get it ?

Jeff

what was your setup - looks like you were mixing two Touch synths live.
Yep, 2 Shuttle systems running into scan converters, s-video out into a V4 video mixer.

How did you get the thick black edging on one of the latter ones?
Just an Edge TOP

The spermy things … related to an El Kabong one?
Maybe, those were an evolution of my old 017 Tendrils synth. The tech of that was based on the El Kabong jellyfish wavy thing . . . Sine being fed w/ Timing, then into Composite. Old school, now so much better w/ lookups and such.

And there kinda shadows with the ring-heart thing - how was that done?
Pretty simple hack, just taking the rendered shape, pull out saturation, darken, blur, offset, composite back in.

What triggering and looping are you doing? hand triggers, straight loops, auto-sound-triggering?
Some hand triggering, some auto sound triggering, some basic Timing CHOP triggers. Auto sound is done through a custom hardware box I built . . . started from some off the shelf kits, then customized with various resistor/capacitor combos to get 8 frequency samples. Long time to research and build, but no latency.

Are you doing the 3D stuff then post-processing in Touch to get the symmetric repeats patterns?
Yep, most have a fair amount of 2D post processing. The symmetric is done through a Tile TOP . . . I have to restrain myself with that one, too easy to add in and get the trippy kaleidescope patterns that ravers love . . . kinda’ like the gold teapot way back when . . . visual crack, just can’t stop.