NewTek NDI

I think this has been posted already in the forum somewhere but perhaps not here.

[url]http://www.newtek.com/ndi.html[/url]

We’d love it if we could get this working in TouchDesigner. D3 natively supports NDI in so it’d mean we could really easily get our TouchDesigner and D3 media servers talking really quickly without the need of capture cards.

It works over network better than things like TCP Spout supposedly and has an after effects plugin too so that’s all very fun.

in the meantime you can try playing with beta version of SpouttoNDI.exe and NDItoSpout.exe
spout.zeal.co/forums/topic/spout … on-to-ndi/

Yeah just saw that today funnily enough when one of our guys was setting spout up for resolume!

Very good. I might have to test this today.

Is there any more news on whether is on the TD roadmap? Spout/Syphon To NDI is certainly a decent workaround, but I’m trying to get a sense for whether it’s worth sinking any effort into using Cplusplus TOPs to add this support.

Thanks!

Instead of allocating budget to a developer for a custom TOP, there’s also the option to pay Derivative for the hours it takes them to integrate NDI as a supported feature…justsaying

So… Kickstarter for NDI support?

I’m also interested for NDI TOP node ! :wink: