3D Particle Turbulence

Changing the seed on the Particle SOP’s turbulence naturally yields steppy results. I tried to get around this with 3 Noise CHOP channels and adding them as normals with the Point SOP. This has terrible performance.
If there isn’t currently a way to do so, could we please have more control over the noise/turbulence of the particle SOP?

the Noise SOP can also be used to put noise on the normals, not the point positions. You might try if you get out more performance.
Otherwise, have you tried the new GLSL particle COMP from the palette? It’s very hackable I think, and the performance is just great

Of course, noise sop into noise sop. Thanks for the tip. Noise seems to yield different results to turbulence but maybe I just haven’t tweaked it enough yet.
Re: ParticlesGPU, I have a had a little play but I haven’t vetted whether it can do what i need yet, namely size and texturew over life etc. I also can’t get a single point emitter for some reason but I’m sure that’s just me.

I’m looking to create something like this but wish no lines, just smooth color washes/blends.
pinterest.com/pin/308918855668347919/