Microsoft Hololens ... ? :)

Looks like the Hololens dev kit will be out in a couple of weeks (for a modest $3k?) will there be hololens 'Ops coming up? :slight_smile:

rod.

Nothing in the short term. As far as I can tell it requires DirectX to drive the rendering, so it would be quite a bit of work to support right now.

[url]https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/holographic/development_overview[/url] Hololens looks incredible. It would be wonderful to use TouchDesigner for it rather than Unity or DirectX programming.

Also curious: have there been any developments in this front? Or will there be none?

• 1 on this

Any changes here? I am curious regarding mixed reality and TouchDesigner.

thanks

Microsoft yesterday announced that a consumer version of Hololens will not be released until 2019… :unamused:

Any news regarding microsoft mixed reality support? (lenovo kit at huge discount right now)

If anybody is wondering, mixed reality headsets (i tried lenovo explorer) does work with TD via steamVR :smiley:

Any updates on how to do this? Would like to have the ability to output TD to Hololens. Is this possible at this moment in time?

You can’t access Hololens directly from TouchDesigner, as mentioned earlier Hololens uses DirectX which TouchDesigner doesn’t.

You could investigate the current hololens tools to see if there is something that supports Spout or another way of getting your TD output into the hololens.