auto loading of selfmade CPlusPlus Operators

The current procedure in using selfmade operators in TD is to place a Cplusplus node and to browse&select your .dll in that node.

It would be very cool if the current Houdini or Adobe Photoshop plugin loading method was also an option.
This would mean that at startup, TouchDesigner searches for .dll files in the standard plugin folder&subfolders. All dll’s which are found are automatically added to the library, so after TD has started, if you open the OP Create Dialog, all you own custom operators are visible&clickable in their respective TOP/CHOP category. (maybe in a separate area under the standard operators)

This would also mean the custom node which you can place in your network is called ‘MySuperNode1’ (for instance) instead of CPlusPlus1.

I think this would stimulate making custom operators which the community can share/sell and easily use in all their projects.

Thoughts?

Totally. I’d like to see Cplusplus sops too :wink:

+1 here.

+1

I’d also add a note to update the UX of the add operator screen if this was added, like a shift modifier to enable user ops or something like that.