RFE: Text TOP: padded text borders

I like to use AutoFit if too large. in a text top. it avoids me having to figure out most of the times if the text will fit or not,
and when it’s automatically fitted I can live with it 90% of the times.

Thing is, the text is fitted to the pixel. When I use borders, it looks like it’s actually even overlapping the borders.

Instead of me having to “[space]mytext[space]” to make the text readable - which is another headache, it would be nice if there was a text padding pixels option, to leave pixels on either side (from one value for lrtb you can make it as complex as you want) which is taken into consideration when text is autofitted.

otherwise, please suggest a simple alternative to keep fitted text readable.

tx!d

If we take borders into account when auto-fitting. Will this do the trick for you?

I don’t think so, because if - say - the leftmost colored pixel of a word is the pixel next to the border (basically attached), then the text still won’t look good enough. It would be readable, but not good for commercial applications, which is what I’m developing (the basis for our internal projects will also serve as basis for a few commercial packages I have in mind), and what you also see Touch used for.

there needs to be at least an empty pixel between the border and the text, but preferably it should be the developer’s preference how many.

dani

Hey Dani,

the Border Space Parameter of the text TOP doesn’t work for you?

markus

d’oh - that’s just what I needed!

that was fast! :wink:

tx
d

just FYI though - not that it matters to me - if I use value 2 and my border is 1, I see one pixel between border and text on the left, but no pixels between border and text on the right.