UTF8 implementation in to text DAT

So far Text dat do not support UTF8 which brings a limitation to use text dat in several languages for example czech language, russian characters, etc. Only solution i finded is to" use Python to open the file and then parse it in a table DAT. After that, with Python, you can search your text in the table DAT to have it in text parameter. "As is describet here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10565&p=49057&hilit=russian+characters#p49057

Currently i am preparing project for czech online magazine they want to use real time infographic in live streams, and this limitation is makeing real pain. And so far i can not recomand them to buy comercial version of TD to produce reall time graphic content with text in czech language. It would bee really amazing to have UTF8 working in text DAT. Because it would open the gate of magic working with a text for lots of users in russia and czech and other languages.

Thanks for your post, this has certainly been a long standing issue with TD. I’m happy to say that the next experimental branch we post (2018.40000 series) has full UTF8 support everywhere (except for tscript). DATs, parameters, scripts, everything.
It’ll be coming out soon as an experimental. Likely it’ll be a little bit until it makes it to official though.