New custom parameter types

There are two fundamental types of custom parameters missing:

1. A spacer, such as a horizontal light grey line with some padding above and below. Custom UI’s can become overwhelming very quickly especially with similar parameter types being stacked, like 10+ pulse buttons, and it often becomes cumbersome to split them into pages that requires click through separate pages of a small number of buttons (even though the parameter window is quite large by default now). A way to separate sections of a page would be extremely useful in making UI’s conducive to easy usage. Something as simple as the below image (maybe with adjustable padding?)

1. Comment box. This would be small rectangular text field that would not be editable by the user where the component developer could add notes, explanations of parameters, component usage instructions, warnings, etc, without the need for having the user open a separate read me file. See attached image from a Unity UI object, where at the bottom is a small text box.

We do have the ‘section’ divider, basically a spacer, in 30k. Just toggle ‘section’ in the Comp Editor.

The comment box would be sweet for sure.

We also have Par.readOnly in 30k which might address your commenting needs.
Available in right-mouse-button popup menu on a parameter.

Oh nice! Will have to give them a try. I’m on the production build 15400. I’ll give those a shot a report back.

Still working in the production build and found a “section” button, veryyyy helpful! Will be trying the readOnly when I get a chance to upgrade. Maybe “section” could be called “Add separator” or “Prepend separator”. Would make it a bit more obvious.

On the topic of parameters. It would be really convenient to have a pulse next to “default” to set the value to that number.

You can right-click the name and “Reset Parameter” to restore its default value. Will only be available when the par is not currently at default.