Northern Ontario

Are there many other users in Northern Ontario?

If there are many of us, I think we should have a meeting or conference to sort of establish and/or gauge the industry in the North. If it goes well maybe we could make it an annual thing. Unlike urban users, we don’t have a lot of opportunities for commercial work, but we could still learn from each other at some sort of meet up.

I’m contemplating moving into commercial TD, Ideally I’d like to combo gear with another user or two and start a northern Ontario VJ/creative coding crew. I’d be interested in working together with some other’s for trying to do whatever… I’ve got Audio & video Gear, etc.

For Derivative staff:

There are various secondary & post secondary institutions in Sudbury, a modest night life scene, and not a lot going on in the Northern Ontario’s biggest hub, with the proper logistics I think an official Derivative sanctioned Workshop could work out well in Sudbury, I think there would be the interest!

I’m 3 hours west of Sudbury, but I would think Sudbury would be a good hub for setting up a Touch conference or meet up. Perhaps North Bay, Manitoulin, or elsewhere but Sudbury is the obvious site to seed the North with Touch

cheers

I am looking for someone like you! Email me at iam@vrgen.com