APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

Openframeworks updates

Discuss help and learning documents. Submit your ideas for future tutorials and documents

Openframeworks updates

Postby michela » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:20 am

The openframeworks doco is out of date. Now that the v0.9 release supports building to Touch 64bit it would be great to get a refresh.

http://www.derivative.ca/wiki088/index. ... Frameworks

Using the existing page as a starting point to get OpenGLTOP sample working with v0.9 64bit compiled in Visual Studio 2015 Community

Substitute OpenGLTOP for CPlusPlusTOPExample throughout

> 9) Click "View > Property Manager".

9) Click "View > Other Windows > Property Manager".

> 13)

Don't add this line: ofGLReadyCallback();
michela

Re: Openframeworks updates

Postby DavidBraun » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:24 pm

Thanks for these instructions. I was able to get the basic C++ TOP working (rotating black and white rectangles). Now I'm trying to use this openFrameworks addon https://github.com/moostrik/ofxFlowTools I used the openFrameworks addons manager to add it. I'm able to rebuild the dll, but opening it in Touch results in a crash. Could you give any tips on my Visual Studio 2015 build settings? Maybe TouchDesigner is looking for a separate dll, but it can't find it.

These settings are what I saw after using the addons manager.

All Configurations and all platforms:
Configuration Properties >> C/C++ >> General >>
Additional Include Directories
C:\Users\davidbraun\Documents\of_v0.9.0_vs_release\addons\ofxFlowTools\src;
C:\Users\davidbraun\Documents\of_v0.9.0_vs_release\addons\ofxFlowTools\src\drawforces;
C:\Users\davidbraun\Documents\of_v0.9.0_vs_release\addons\ofxFlowTools\src\filters;
C:\Users\davidbraun\Documents\of_v0.9.0_vs_release\addons\ofxFlowTools\src\fluid;
C:\Users\davidbraun\Documents\of_v0.9.0_vs_release\addons\ofxFlowTools\src\mask;
C:\Users\davidbraun\Documents\of_v0.9.0_vs_release\addons\ofxFlowTools\src\opticalflow;
C:\Users\davidbraun\Documents\of_v0.9.0_vs_release\addons\ofxFlowTools\src\particles;
C:\Users\davidbraun\Documents\of_v0.9.0_vs_release\addons\ofxFlowTools\src\tools;
C:\Users\davidbraun\Documents\of_v0.9.0_vs_release\addons\ofxFlowTools\src\visualisation;%(AdditionalIncludeDirectories)

update:
It seems that the declaration of opticalFlow in OpenGLTOP.h is responsible for the crash.
Code: Select all
ftOpticalFlow      opticalFlow;

I'm not sure why just a declaration would cause it to break since it compiles without any issues.
DavidBraun

Postby malcolm » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:25 pm

There must be work getting done during the construction of that object. Try stepping into it on the line where it's created. If it's declared as a member variable in your class, step into the 'new' line that creates your class.
malcolm
Staff

Postby django » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:10 am

Hello, has anyone had luck with running of 0.9?

I followed the instructions with the update from michela, but as soon as I drop in the line "ofSetupOpenGL(&myWindow, 0, 0, OF_WINDOW);" my dll won't load anymore. :(
django

Return to TouchDesigner Documentation