FIXED: [099 2017.2820] Pre-fill Cache and Texture3D

TouchDesigner 099
Build 2017.2820

Windows 10
GTX 980M

I’m seeing a strange oddity when it comes to pre-filling that’s a little mind boggling to me at the moment. When setting up a pre-filling operation for either the cache or texture3D TOP. In both cases the prefill pulse sometimes correctly pre-fills the corresponding top, and sometimes does not.

In this case what I mean by not correctly pre-filling is that the index of the slice does not always match the input. For example, using a movie file in TOP set to specify index, with index being me.time.frame I would expect that pre-filled slices should represent frame 1, 2, 3, 4 - and that the texture3D should match with 1 2 3 4. Instead I’m seeing 1 5 3 4. Pulsing pre-fill again sometimes resolves the issue, and will sometimes result in different set of indices. It seems that I’m able to consistently (mostly) achieve the expected indexing by pulse resetting the texture3D, then pulse pre-filling.

base_using _a_wcoord.tox (1.44 KB)

Interestingly, this same network behaves correctly in 088.

Better still with this example open in 099, if I open a blank 088 network and then pulse pre-fill in the 099 instance it will correctly fill the texture3D.

Woof.
Sorry this one is so very strange.

Thanks for this sample. It exposed a bug in the Movie File In TOP that can only occur when it’s trying to play frames very quickly, such as this case where there isn’t a bunch of other work that is done between cooks. Fixed in build 2017.3680 or later.

So nice to know I’m not crazy.

Thanks for squashing this bug!