FIXED: Math CHOP is not cooking

I have constant chop with python link in value ( me.parent().par.Timeline ) and it is cooking, but math after it is not! im not touching cooking flags or anything

TD 099 latest, win 10
Same with latest 088

I can’t replicate this. Also it seems your screenshot shows a parameter chop instead of a constant chop?

It’s always easier if you post a small example network .toe file demonstrating the effect instead of a screenshot. Also please mention the build number in your title if you post a bug…because ‘latest’ means something different every week…

This chop only named as parameter it is constant (previously it was parameter)

In my project file press ‘1’ and after like half a second press ‘2’ (not num lk) Container ‘item1’ will have custom parameters animated, but inside it won’t cook, but if i force cook or just click on something it will
project2.toe (84.7 KB)

Hey man.
A tip for this forum and any other software discussion you’ll have in the future: if you want to prove you have a reproducible bug and want a quick response from everybody, you should prepare the smallest case possible which still shows the issue, and attach that code. This usually also helps to distill better for yourself what the problem really is.

I don’t have the time to really dive into your whole project and how you set it up and what may have caused your problem, but a quick test seems to show the math chop is cooking here when parameter is changing when you look at it. Also a parameter Chop would seem like a more logical choice.

Be aware though, that TD is a pull based system, so something needs to request the output otherwise it won’t cook. This is probably different from other software environments you are used to.

Also, offtopic, some brutally honest advice, your network looks really messy. This is asking for trouble in the long run if you want stable performance. Try to collapse certain parts together in COMPS with descriptive names - which should help you also in 2 years if you have to open your project again.

And last but not least, 099 is not show ready, so it’s not a good idea to code a big project in it while it is still experimental and has not even been released yet.

Okay. let’s do what you say.

1. here you are smallest case scenario. To replicate press ‘1’ button after half a second press and hold ‘2’. Item1 will draw, item2 will have custom parameter (‘Timeline’ for example ) animated. Lets go inside and ‘par2’ chop has to have data from ‘Timeline’ parameter.
  2. To make it work press left click on chop or Force cook. Null chop with cook type always won’t help.
  3. I know, that TD is pulled based. There is ‘Displace3’ Top, that is always cooking and it must pull ramp1->eval1->ramp_keys->math3. But it wont some time.
  4. Yeah my code looks messy, i know. it is prototype.
  5. bug is in 088 and 099. it is real
    projecttest.toe (5.36 MB)

Here you are super simple exapmle
superSimple.toe (4.68 KB)

as a quick fix using a parameter CHOP instead of expressions to pull parameter value seems to work.

Cheers
Markus

Ah - I see you are doing this in your latest example and it works for me there also in perform mode…

Here you are video example. its harder to get, but still
drive.google.com/file/d/0B-t2zG … sp=sharing

Ah, thanks for the video, helps seeing it. I’ve just installed newly posted build 3340 and all 3 item containers run properly now when I go through them with the 1, 2, 3 keys.

It might be fixed in the build for you too, want to give it a try?

Nope. Stil the same. i can upload video, but it will be the same as previous

Here you are new video. look at time line. it stop cooking container from first row of my table, when timeline starts again

Nope. Samee story. i recoorded new video. Pay attendion to TD time line. container stops working after TD timeline restarts. and in my main project (10000 sec timeline) some weird set of pushing buttons makes same resault

Okay thanks for the feedback, we’ll take a look at why its happening next week. I couldn’t get it to happen on my computer, what are your specs (mac/pc? gpu?)

windows 10 latest.
1st pc: cpu 4770k, gpu gtx 1060
2nd pc: cpu 4770k, gpu gtx 960

Any news? Can i some how assist you? videos with another cases, remote acsess to my pc, so you can test projects?

Sorry we don’t have a timeframe on when a programmer will be able to get to it. But we will try to address it soon.

Thanks for the report. I still need to spend sometime looking at the issue, but I believe you should be able to work around the bug by turning off “Latest Sample when Time Slice” in the chopto1 DAT (I’m referring to the superSimple.toe).

Hope this helps.

Selina, yeah it probably helped with random turn offs, but still there is bug, when timeline starts from the beginning… I will be waiting for news

Should be fixed in build 2916.3580+

This build is now posted if you want to try it.