SOLVED: 099 crashing on Windows

099 crashing on Windows
I installed the last 099 build (2017.1360) on my bootcamp (Retina 13") Windows 8.1, it crash at startup with this text:
“The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-dll is missing from your computer.Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
Do you know what happen? 088 is working perfectly.
Thanks

Hi Jacques,

we have had good results with redownloading the file, uninstalling the currently installed file and reinstalling it. Somehow during the installation process a file did not get copied.

Best
Markus

I try to reinstall it two times and I give up for the moment. On my Bootcamp there is a working 088 free version, on the mac side a working 099 free version and on my main machine a 099 educational version. It’s sufficient at the moment!

Having the same issue with 099 now opening because of the issue “api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-dll is missing from your computer.” Windows 8.1 installed/deleted it 4 times same issue everytime. Going through the Lynda classes on TD where they are using 099 version. Using 088 knowing I do not have access to comp “enviormental lighting” and top “pbr shader.”

Can you try installing this:
support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel … in-windows
and see if that helps?

Same problem here with me.
On a Win 8.1 pro
all update ok
version 088 run but not the 099

i will appreciate to get the solution.
Thx

Hey,

is this with the latest 099 build 2017.5940?
And you tried installing the Universal C Runtime as Malcolm suggested?
support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel … in-windows

Best
Markus

Hi
Yes with 099 build 2017.5940

Yes i try the Universal C Runtime, but it research during hours (all last night) without success.

i update windows 3 days ago, the last one in the ‘‘installed updates’’ (KB3179574).

Do i need to upgrade a specific package ?

Hm, this is very strange.
I would recommend to search for updates, install updates, re-start computer, search again. -until no new updates are found.

The universal runtime should be installed with update package KB2999226. Maybe you can try again getting it from this source here:
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226

If that is not enough, also install “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio” 2013 and 2015.

If using a 32bit (x86) Windows system, install the 32bit (x86) version.
If using a 64bit (x64) Windows system, install both the 32bit (x86), and the 64bit (x64) versions.

Available from Microsoft at;
support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

If install complains that this package is already installed, do “Repair” or un-install before installing.

Hope this helps
Markus

Oook solve. It was a microsoft problem, he didn t find new update until 4 days ! Even if i restart, research during hours…

Could be a problem if you are in rush…