FIXED: Depth of Field Example does not render 2016.4500 OSX

Hello Guys, I am having strange issue with Depth of Field Render. It does not render properly. Depth or Render is the culprit. Is this something with my version I am 2016.4500 on OS X
DepthOfField.tox (2.88 KB)
DOF%20Depth%20passes.toe (6.24 KB)

is this related to what Keith mentioned in this other thread:

[url]FIXED: 099 Linear Camera Space not working]

Hmmm possible, thank you for the link

Any word on this? Depth TOP seems to be crashing the Render top on the latest version 099 (5580) on macOS

Yes this is a macOS bug that we haven’t been able to workaround yet, sorry.

Thank you for headsup, so far the only solution is to disable antialiasing. Then everything works. Here is an idea I have. We can use two renderers one for the image, and another for DOF
fixed_dof.toe (6.36 KB)

Interesting results! Unfortunately having different anti-alias settings in your main render vs depth map will cause some artifacts, and more relevant is this workaround no longer works in build 2016.5580 or newer. The rendering code in 099 has changed since 2016.4500 so this discovery you made no longer exists. :neutral_face:

UPS :frowning: Well for now I guess will work without antialiasing.

Thanks for the headsup

I’ve worked around the bug in macOS’s drivers for resolving antialiased depth buffers. Fix will be available in build 2017.3220 or later

Build 3340 is now posted to try.

I’m still seeing an issue where assigning a Render TOP to a Depth TOP causes the Render to go all white on 3580 Mac.

Thanks for the post, we can reproduce it as well.

I just committed another fix, in builds 2017.4460 or later. Thanks for the report.

I’ve got it all white again on build 10000.

Strange, it is working for me with my tests on and Nvidia Macbook. Could you describe what type of Mac you are using? Are you using the file provided in the original post? If its a different example please attach it.