RESOLVED: Export Movie (Image Sequence possible ?)

I was wondering if it’s possible to export Image Sequences (TIFF or PNG) with the Export Movie function.

I was about to program my own with a MovieOUTTOP but maybe you have already faced that … :slight_smile:

it would help a lot and make it a lot more flexible to then edit my footage in AfterEffects especially for big resolutions.

thanks a lot !

• phil

It’s easy to do with the movieout TOP in non-realtime so you don’t get frame drops. Just set the “realtime” parameter in Touch to off (at the top of the screen). Now Touch will not timeslice and will calculate each frame . You can then set the “N” parameter to me.time.frame and you’ll be able to record non-realtime image sequences.

An alternative could also be to use the animation codec in the movie export dialog set to 100% quality, which will be uncompressed.

cheers
Keith

Thanks a lot Keith !
I’m giving it a try right now :slight_smile:

Hi,
I try but it didn’t work well.
Some frames are sliced in the middle (they keep a part of the previous frame)

• my animation is just a noise with a threshold 3000*1920.

And wow it is super slow too write the PNG sequence.

+1 to have this feature in the File/MovieExport…
It is so candy

Image Sequence output is now a built in feature of the Movie Out TOP, its in the latest Official builds.

Yes ben,
But i got this issue when i try to export image sequence with Realtime off.

You know why?

Will be nice to have feature to File/Export image sequence
Thx

Hey, are you able to share the file that produces this issue? Should be easy to fix if we can re-create it.

of course.
Here you have :
TD_SCQ.zip (776 KB)

This bug is now fixed. Thanks for the report.

Moving from Techniques to Bugs.

Couldn’t get it to work- could you give an example of the script you put into the movie out top? me.time.frame doesn’t work. thanks!