Gradual lag which leads to freeze (100%GPU)

Hello

i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
2.80 GHz
16GB ram
Windows 10
GeForce GTX 1050 (425) (geforce experience has been uninstalled)
Plenty of space left on hard drive.

Touchdesigner 64-bit (2019.18360) (My issue is present on earlier versons of Td as well)

Regardless if my scene is comprehensive or empty the scenes work fine initially, 3-4 minutes in however, there seems to be a “build up” of something that makes using the software unbearable (the GPU increases, (/fps drops)).
After leaving the laptop for 10 minutes, it returns to normal (and then the previous process repeats)
It seems to me like something needs “flushing” (similar to how you would use “pulse” in Td). I use Maya and Houdini on this setup with no issues.

Any ideas :question: Thx

If would be helpful to use the Performance Monitor when the slowdown is happening and then save the output for us. We can see where it is taking time. Perhaps a few snapshots at different times would be helpful.

Does it happen on an empty new session?

Hello and thanks for the input.

To be fair, I tried opening TD, remove the default files, and then left the program untouched.
This did not seem to make the GPU increase.
Reason I mentioned the effect on empty scenes is because I noticed the lag in an empty scene, if I had built something in that project previously (and scrapped it).

I recently did a reset on Windows, and the raw performance should be near optimal.
I also went back to the 2017.1360 version of TD, and the lag was
completely similar (the time it takes for the issue to arise).

Please see attachments.
The gfx seems highlighted:

Any inputs on the images above? Should I adjust something?
Thx

Checked out this thread, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8340
although there seems to be similar issues, it didn’t lead me to an answer.

VSync turned off makes no difference.

If someone have an idea about what is happening here,and/or how I could investigate the issue please let me know.
I need to sort this out.
stat.txt (8.51 KB)