Login | Register 
FEATURES
APPLICATIONS
DOWNLOADS
EDUCATION
BLOG
WIKI
FORUM
STORE

RESOLVED: DatToSop error after adding 'Stoner' to project

Report bugs so we can squash them!

RESOLVED: DatToSop error after adding 'Stoner' to project

Postby IGern » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:08 pm

Hello!

So in my project I am using openCV to generate points within primitives each frame which I put through a DatToSop in order to generate geometry. Everything works wonderfully and as intended until I add in a 'stoner' container from the palette. At seemingly random frames it will drop random primitives telling me that the 'vertex number is out of range' OR 'the primitive number must be between 0 and [however many I am producing]'. As far as I can tell there's no rhyme or reason as to when it decides to do this but on average it's about every three frames. Again this is only happening if the 'stoner' node is connected anywhere in the project.

Any ideas? When looking at the analyzer it seems to split up my project by putting some stoner operators in the beginning of the processing stack.
I'm also using the Pillow python library in order to bring video input into the openCV findContours() function. This outputs coordinates reliably with the 'stoner' node.

[img]DatToSop2.jpg[/img]

[img]DatToSop1.jpg[/img]
Attachments
DatToSop1.jpg
DatToSop1.jpg (227.55 KiB) Viewed 615 times
IGern
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:05 pm

Re: DatToSop error after adding 'Stoner' to project

Postby selina » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:56 am

It is going to be hard to suggest what the issue might be without a file to look at. But one way you might go about debugging this is the pause the playbar and advance frame by frame till you get an error, and then see if you can figure out why that error is occurring.
User avatar
selina
Staff
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:15 am

Re: DatToSop error after adding 'Stoner' to project

Postby IGern » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Thank you for the reply! I actually just figured out how to solve the problem. I was generating the primitive data with a custom OpExecute script which would use OpenCV to analyze an incoming top image. For some reason when using PostCook to run the script it would mess with the output data. When looking at the analyze feature the stoner would prioritize itself above the custom script. When changing the operation to PreCook it worked without a hitch. I still don't totally understand why this would mess with the point data, but I have at least solved it.
IGern
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:05 pm


Return to Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron