Screen goes black after opening textport or viewing operator

Hi,

everytime I try to open the textport from the “Dialog” menu and everytime I click View from the right-click menu on any operator the screen of my PC goes black for two seconds, then it goes back to normal but Touchdesigner is completely unresponsive. In this state there is no problem or delay, however, in quitting the program and restarting it.

Basically this seems to happen everytime I ask Touch to open another window, the only exceptions being the “project” Container and its children containers on the first level. Trying to view any other operator or containers not on the project level triggers the problem.

Perform mode, menus and opening dats with the external editor all work fine.

Build: 099.2019.14650
PC: Asus FX753VD-GC193T

Maybe this is important: the pc has never been connected to the internet, so no automatic updates whatsover have been made since January 2019, when I bought it.
In case nvidia drivers might have something to do with all this.

Thank you!

Yeah we would recommend you update your nvidia drivers, if you can download on another computer and transfer them over.

As well, both ASUS and MSI laptops com with some nasty bloatware that has been causing a number of issue for users. (you can find out more searching this forum). Would recommend uninstalling any non-essential ASUS bloatware.