2018.27840 blobtrack TOP blob width and height broke

hi touch developers
i realized (sadly right now in an running project) that the blob:width and height values remains always the same, regardless the shape or aspect-ratio of the tracked “object”
that worked perfectly in 088 as you can see the picture attached!

i really need that feature, didnt used it till 088, so i was just sure in my head that it will work the same in 2018…
same behavior in experimental…
so… can you help me with that?
thank you very much
luca

Hi Luka,
The Blob Track is completely different code from 088 to 099, so a fix might be difficult to turn around quickly, or getting it to work the same at any rate. We have heard from a number of users they are having issues with the 099 one and we are working on a lot of improvements right now, but they will only be in experimental, probably not official at this point.

Although its quite an inconvenience and hack, can you run a 088 blob track and pipe the values over to your 099 project to get around the issue for now. I’ll see what the ETA is for the 099 experimental update.

hi ben
many thanks for your answer!
i see and understand! well for now i can live with a little hack i made to fake the function i need, which would be the input of the blob sizes.
but… im still very interested to know in which timeframe it might be possible to get hands on, even if its an experimental… the project is also experimental, so… :slight_smile:
anyway, thank you anyway for that piece of software!
best
luka