Cloning cuts connections erratically

Hello there,

I have noticed that when cloning slightly more complicated nodes the behaviour is kind of erratic. Connections appear disconnected in the children of the clone, with no reason I can discern. Why does this happen? Is this a know issue or am I missing something?

Thanks! Please find attached a snapshot.

My build: 10700
Windows 10
GTX 1070

It looks like you are using clones and immune nodes. I’ve seen immune nodes cause this on and off over the years, the issue can usually be attributed to the order the nodes are loaded during startup. Does this just happen on startup?

The parent here is a clone, so I would make the connections inside this network that are missing, then re-save the parent .tox, then resave the .toe project file.

If this still is an issue, please email us stripped down example with the clones and if we can reproduce we can look at the cause.

Another tip I would recommend as it definitely gets around this is to use a Select CHOP inside the smoothingxyz COMPs instead of a In CHOP. This circumvents any possible issues with loading order as the Select CHOP will always point to the correct operator after everything gets created.

Hello Ben,

It happens not only on startup but on every re-generation of the network… I will try out your suggestions and will report my finding shortly.

Thanks a lot!
Darien

And further news on this problem. were you able to isolate a reproducible case?