2018.27300 - xboxForWindows COMP missing LT and RT

Hello,

After trying to debug some question in the Discord server, I noticed that the xboxForWindows COMP of the palette was missing the left and right triggers.

They are available in the Joystick CHOP so it is just the initial dev of the COMP that probably forgot those.

I noticed that the network could eventually be a bit improved… Everything is cooking all the time, I am not sure it is needed.

I did a quick fix that you will find as an attached file. The triggers cannot reach 1.0 because of dead zones. I do not know if the dead zone value is the same for every controller so I didn’t fix anything regarding those. You could simply change the range of the maths to 0.95 and clamp after to fix it…

Thank you for your time,
Michel

PS: It seems that there is more problems on Mac… but is the Joystick CHOP / Xbox controller supposed to work on Macs anyways ?
xboxForWindows_PaletteCOMP_QuickFix.tox (2.8 KB)

Mac:

joystick Chop - R1,L1, R2,L2 not receiving from Xbox360 One S controller (javascript is, so machine is)

XboxForWindows_paletteComp - R1, L1 are working but might be mapped incorrectly (which is weird as it seems to be using joystick Chop). L2, R2 not working.

The menu and home buttons don’t appear to be working but less necessary as they are tertiary buttons.

Thanks team.

Sorry, a little confused by this as we are not aware of any Xbox Component in the palette. Could you tell us where you are finding this component?

Hey Ben,

Sorry for the delay. You have an xboxForWindows COMP in the palette, in TDVR → System Components → xboxForWindows

Thanks,
Michel

This plagued me for like two years, and then one day I found someone else’s xbox adaptation on a forum or FB, and the joystick chop on that works properly for me. Here’s one that has functional sliders, at least on my machine. On mac it shows up as zrot and zaxis, works as sliders on pc.

no dead zone issues, on my end, goes -1 to 1

Cheers
baseJoystickSLIDER.tox (526 Bytes)