RESOLVED: Geo Instancing Failure

Not sure if this question has been posed before but I’m attempting to follow one of the 088 workshop vids: instancing and rendering techniques part 1 of 4

When I get to the part of assigning CHOP values to geo instancing, checking the TX, TY, and TZ coordinates, then moving to Xform panel and reducing uniform scale, instead of an individual sphere being shown at each vertex like the video, the entire geometry simply shrinks until it is completely gone.

I know that this the demo was done in a version of 088 but nothing in the parameters seems to have changed into 099. Tried doing this in both v2018.27300 and v2018.42310. My system is a POS (AMD Phenom x2 550, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+) but I tried the same setup on my roomates rig which has a GTX1060 and not sure what processor but definitely a decent one and the same issue applies.

The only other difference I can tell in following the instructions is that, when the instructor initially turns on instancing with no CHOP/DAT specified, the geo shape in the window remains, whereas on mine it disappears. The geometry reappears once I assign the CHOP, DAT, or even SOP, reference Translate X to TX, TY to TY, etc. but does not show individual spheres at vertex points when uniform scaling is reduced. I attached project file for reference.

Additionally, I noticed that if I have the geo operator selected, go into viewer active, press H to home object… if I click on the viewer active icon to exit then everything stays, but if I hit A to toggle out then the object becomes offset automatically.
InstancingIssue.toe (4.27 KB)

I believe you just need to increase the radius of sphere1. Currently all the instanced spheres are on top of each other because the radius is too low.

As Eric pointed out increasing the size of sphere1 works (see example file) or the other option is decreasing the size of the instanced geometry in geo1.
InstancingIssue.1.toe (4.29 KB)

REAL SOLUTION:
I was having the same issue as OP. Upon referencing this thread: https://www.derivative.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12427&p=48174&hilit=+Instancing+and+Rendering#p48174
I discovered that the option that needs to be changed is in Instance 2. If you set Instance Order → World Transform, then Instance, you will get the intended effect.

From the wiki:

https://docs.derivative.ca/index.php?title=Geometry_COMP