FIXED: [2018.41570] - Copy SOP stamp cook unnecessarily

I’m not sure if this is a new issue, but a reference to a stamped value upstream from a Copy SOP will cause whatever is referencing the stamp (and everything downstream) to cook on every frame, even if nothing in the Copy SOP’s dependencies is changing. It appears to only do this when the value of that stamp is determined by an expression that references “me.copyIndex”

Example setup:

• Create a Circle SOP
  • Feed that into a Primitive SOP and make a reference to a stamp in one of its parameters (e.g. the Red color attribute as “fetchStamp(‘foo’, 0)”)
  • Feed that into a Copy SOP and add a stamp parameter (e.g. “foo”). The value of this stamp can be an expression that references “me.copyIndex”.
    The Primitive SOP will cook on every frame.

I have come across this now as well, but in the stable 23700 build. Definitely a hangup for a current project!

im seeing something similar today. also with the Copy SOP

I’m getting an infinite loop on the copy stamp as well, seems to be an unnecessary cook.

The fetchstamp upstream is causing the copySOP to re-cook, re-sending the stamp causing the channel fetchstamp to re-cook, and so on.

Hey there,

I saw in release notes for recent stable ( 27550 ) that something had been fixed about the Copy SOP, just reporting that I am still seeing this cook loop occur on this new build.

This will be fixed in 2018.27610 and the next experimental posted. Thanks for the report!