RESOLVED - Crash when changing 'Edit/View extension' textDAT

Hi there,

I bumped into this problem a few versions back, but didnt had the time to fully investigate.
It looks like TD crashes (and dumps a file, see attachment) when you do the following:

• create a new textDAT
  • edit it in an external editor
  • close it again
  • change edit/view extension to f.e. ‘glsl’
  • edit it in an external editor again (it will say it’s already opened and will reopen the file)
  • when pressing ok, touchdesigner crashes.

My guess is it tries to remove the temporary text file using the new set extension (which does not exist yet).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Thanks for the report and .dmp file!

Hi Tim.

We’re having trouble reproducing this crash.
We’ve tried a few editors.

Can you tell us which editor you are using?

And what does ‘f.e’ refer to in your post below?
“- change edit/view extension to f.e. ‘glsl’”

Thanks very much,
Rob.

Hi there Rob,

I’m using Sublime Text v3.1.1.

With ‘f.e.’ I mean ‘for example’. It doesnt matter which extension you pick as long as you opened and closed the file first, change the edit/view extension to something else and reopen the DAT in the external editor.
It will ask to ‘kill the file and restart’. If pressed ‘Yes’, touch always crashes here.

I can check on some other computer later today to see if it happens there as well.
If you can’t reproduce it, it might be something funky happening with my computer.

Cheers,
Tim
warning.jpg

Hi Tim,
I have tried on two of my computers with Sublime 3.1.1 and I can’t get it to crash. Did you get a chance to try another computer? Maybe try reinstalling Sublime or Uninstalling TD and reinstalling?

Hi Ben,

Just tested on my laptop and indeed it’s not happening there as well,
so it’s sure my computer doing funky stuff.
Will next time test on multiple computers before I submit a bugreport :smiley:

Cheers,
Tim