FIXED: Touchplayer hangs when opening file (Mac OS X)

I’m trying to open a project in touch player but it always hangs at 71% with no feedback. There are no issues with the project in regular touch… Other projects don’t seem to have this issue Any help would be appreciated - I’m unclear where there would be any log files for this.

Please contact us at support unless you can upload the file here, we will need a copy of the project file to debug.

Thanks

I’ve attached it here for now. I also tried it on touch player in windows and it hangs at the same point. Thanks ben.
movementdetection.11.toe (4.63 KB)

Just did a quick test - if I disable the video device in top than it loads without issue…

Could you tell us what camera and/or camera driver you had selected in the Video Device In TOP?

Av foundation (mac os) and usb camera
V1|||0x100000046d0821|||0|||0|||USB Camera

I’ve also had problems on windows, but i’ll need to look at what the av settings are there.

thanks
b

Finally I was able to reproduce it. Couldn’t reproduce it here using my licensed version of Touch, but once I installed Non-Commercial only it started hanging on startup. We’ll look for a fix now that we can reproduce, thanks.

Are you using Non-Commercial out of curiosity?

yes using non commercial editor and player. is this not an issue in licensed versions?

Yes that’s right, it only occurred when running Non-Commercial. Sorry for the delay in fixing this, it was a challenge to reproduce. I’m happy to say we have a fix for you in build 2018.24330+ which you can get soon.

amazing, thank you!