099.22270 - Changing DPI causes really big crash

Changing DPI and resolutions to the point where windows asks you politely to “sign out” seems to crash touchdesigner to the point where you cant sign out unless you hit ctrl + alt + delete and restart the machine. Touch will only then play ball once you’ve set your DPIs to the recommended DPI settings.

It’s also worth mentioning that the Monitor DATs DPI scaling feature will not take into account multiple monitors with multiple DPIs. You have to have only one DPI across the board.

What Windows version are you on? The Monitors DAT should work with multiple DPI settings.

Version 1709 Build 16299.371

I was running two 4k monitors, neither of them set to recommended DPI.

I say the monitors DAT but it could be just a general issue with changing the DPI whilst TouchDesigner is open.

Can you supply GPU and driver info. I can change DPI settings all day long with TD open (and have to because of ridiculously tiny laptop screens) and TD never blinks, so we need some more info to try to reproduce this. I’m assuming monitors ‘extended’ not ‘cloned’?

Oddly it’s not happening now…not sure what I did there and can’t seem to replicate it anymore…perhaps some windows update has fixed it as there was a windows update between then and now.