[Win10 64; 099 16620] Sample Number with LagCHOP & TrimCHOP

Hi,

I started using a new method to modify samples of a channel.
It consists of :

1. Create my final value with a CHOP(multi sample or not) with the extend set to : default value = 0
  2. using the ShiftTOP to position it to its final position
  3. merge it with the original with at MathCHOP.

It’s quite useful for modifying CHOPs before sending it to the DMXOutCHOP

However, in my operation, if I use something that modifies the sample number ( like the LagCHOP ) and use the TrimCHOP to reset that sample index to 0. Every time the timeline goes back to zero, there’s one frame where my final result goes back to be only 1 sample.

It’s hard to explain, but I’ve linked a .toe, you’ll see what I mean !

Thanks !
-Dage
lag_trim_bug.toe (4.82 KB)

Hello, while I see the viewer flash for a moment, if you monitor the CHOP’s length with an Info → Trail CHOP you’ll see it is constant at 3 samples long. How are you confirming the number of samples are changing?
The CHOP is switching to ‘Timesliced’ mode for one frame around frame 2 of the timeline(which explains the change of viewer type). We’ll look into why this is occurring.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your fast response! I see with the trail CHOP that the length stays 3. However, in a more complex network, this same behavior seemed to have falsely triggered some of my DMX equipment. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to the setup when this occurred. I could try to recreate a similar and simpler setup and keep you updated on my results.