expression / export caching bugs? : Build 2017.37900

Build 2017.37900
x64 win 10

So I’ve been developing a larger project of mine in the latest experimental for a while now, with a mostly great experience.

Noticed from the switch today from 35560 to 37900 that in several places expressions, or exports seem to not re-cache or re-update correctly anymore.

It happens for me in places where for example:

A) I have a panel CHOP that references a parent using parent shortcuts ie: “parent.obj”
this happens anytime I create or copy/paste the container denoted “parent”.
If I go to that panel CHOP, it’s black showing no channels. If I bypass then un-bypass the intended channels show up, and it correctly works from there on out.

B) Another place I’m seeing consistent issues is an area where I’m exporting to the “rendertop” param of a render pick.
The value changes based on whether or not the mouse is inside a certain container.

If I’m viewing this part of the network where the render pick lives, this behaves as expected.
If I go to a different area of the network this render pick gets “stuck” I suspect the value going into “rendertop” is not getting updated or re-cached correctly when it’s not being viewed.

If it’s helpful to see this in action at all I’m happy to email this file in! as it’s not something I can post to the forums at this time.

Hope this is helpful! Thanks for all the awesome killer development going on in the latest experimentals. Every month feels like Christmas. :slight_smile: