FIXED: Can't invoke text editor, won't create temp file

I can’t open the Python text editor when I hit CTRL-E while my cursor is active in a number parameter box in an OP. I get Warning text box that says: “You may already be editing C:/Users/…/touchtemp/sine1_parm_numcycles_td_43932_45.py. Kill file and restart?”
Y/N

Hitting Yes throws an Error text box that says: "Couldn’t create temp file “” "

My parameter box (numcycles) is populated with “me.digits+2”, the OP is a Pattern CHOP set to sine wave. I have tried running TD as an administrator.

Encountered this before and after specifying a custom text editor.

TD build is latest 2017.14220. Same issue yesterday using the very previous build. Windows 10 Professional, pretty new laptop, i7, 32 gigs, Nvidia. Non-commercial license of TD.

I have searched Google and these forums.

See this post

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7567&hilit=+temp

I did that, didn’t change anything, thanks, though. It was finding the temp dir before and still is now that I’ve changed it. I think a clue might be that it is trying to create a temp file with no name.

—> Couldn’t create temp file “” <—

Also, why does it think I’m already editing the python file?

This is taking many hours away from me.

There’s also a thread here to look over:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10992&p=42408&hilit=temp#p42408

Python is the default scripting language in Touch, and unless you specify a different option on the common page of your DAT it’ll assume you’re writing python when launching your external editor.

I was able to invoke the text editor from a DAT text. But same old problem described above if I try to edit a parameter. My paths are good.

Ohh. I miss-understood your question.

I’m able to reproduce this same issue.

If I right click and select edit from the drop down menu it will work the first time, but not on subsequent attempts.

Will be fixed in 2017.14260+. Thanks for the report.