FIXED: Cube map render not working on macOS

I’m attaching a TOE which works fine on Windows, but on macOS every side of the cube is the same.

render_cubemap.toe (6.45 KB)

I wasn’t able to reproduce this exact bug, but I ran into a different similar one. I’ve worked around the issue which seems to be macOS specific. Hopefully this fix will also fix your case. Fix will be available in build 2017.14260 or later.

Thanks for the report!

Malcolm

did you run into one where the sides of the cube aren’t square? I posted a screenshot on FB about it, but to summarize, it seems like Cubemap to Veritcal Cross slices some strips of pixels out. Here’s an example of creating a Cube Map, converting it to vertical cross and then converting it back to CubeMap and you can see the final cube map throws up an error. if you zoom into the second cubemap you can also see that strip of transparency at the top.

also quick question, does “line width” on the Wireframe MAT not work?
cubeMapError.tox (510 Bytes)

I think the cubeMapError.tox works fine on my setup (2017.13460 macOS). That’s how it looks:

The Wireframe MAT “line width” doesn’t work.

@malcolm: It’s working fine on macOS 2017.31700 experimental build. Thanks!

ok, so i don’t think the warning about the non-square resolution is significant, because i just assembled my own vertical cross using Over TOPs and got the same warning/error

however

my vertical cross using the Over TOPs has no missing/transparent strip at the top

but my vertical cross made from the cube map does have that missing/transparent strip

so this means, when i was cropping them out and exporting them as image files, the image wouldn’t be correct and have missing pixels. and this affects me when i’m creating a cube map in the Render TOP and converting it to vertical cross for cropping and export. If you search the Facebook group for cube map, you can find my post and get more of a sense of what i’m talking about.

moreover check the resolutions at the end of the chain, it changes from the original. i’ve uploaded a new .toe to demonstrate this.
cubeMapError.1.toe (3.71 KB)

This case is also now fixed. Fix will be in build 2017.15000 or later