Crazy versioning bug

OK… so hear me out…

I did a brief university installation using my old EDU license key that had expired… I used an older version of touch, to keep my current key free to carry on working.

The installation was set boot straight into windows, and then start touch in perform mode automagically in case of loss of power… it was curated by students, so needed to switch on and go if there was a problem

When I took the install out, I messed about with the show folder assets so it wouldn’t have loaded properly [no biggie]

Further down the line I downloaded the latest version of touch to use the same machine [all good]

However when I went to start touch, it was not licensed for that version. But because it was automatically loading a TOE and going into perform mode, there was no way to change the licensing… it wasn’t possible to exit perform mode, or select the license window behind it [I could see it by alt+tab]

Anyways, it makes sense from a behaviour POV, but it wasn’t the most pretty of dead ends… I fixed it by deleting the whole auto load show so it couldn’t load up.

Just thought you might like to know

Thanks for the report, we’ll take a look at it.