FIXED: [099 11520] Trail SOP kills AudioDevIn CHOP?

Not sure how or why this doesn’t work, or if it’s a bug or something wrong with my audio card. When Trail SOP is pulling data from geometry that has been created with data from the Audio Device In CHOP, it can, with certain settings, cause the AudDevIn to lose it’s lock on the audio data.

It is still kinda there though, ,cause the visualization still kinda works, and an Info CHOP shows the channel still exists… IF you enable “passive” on the info CHOP. Weird.

Not sure why or if it’s just me. can anyone else confirm this problem? I’ll try checking it on 088 when I get a chance, but it seems like this should work. FPS isn’t really getting hit much and it still does this with AudDevIn having larger or smaller buffers or lower or higher sample rates…
fucked-etra.toe (9.71 KB)

Thanks, easily reproducible from your example. The Info CHOP looks like it stops updating after pressing “Also weird” button, because if you turn off “passive” it it does update to report “2 channels”, but there is a lot to decipher here. We’ll get back to you!

This should be fixed in 2017.12060+

Oh cool, thanks! I figured it was just P.E.B.K.A.C. and chalked it up to my usual learning curve of starting to dabble in the 3rd dimension in TD. Looking forward to messing with this further.