RESOLVED: Copy Paste Issue

Hey, I’m working on TD 099 Build 2017.7500, recently updated from previous version. Running Windows 10 with NVidia 1070.

My issue is that every time I go to paste, either by ctrl+v or right click → paste, a math1 chop gets pasted instead of whatever I copied or cut.

I had this issue before updating to most recent version, and it has persisted.

I imagine it’s an issue with a setting, possibly elsewhere. Any ideas where I can fix this?

Anything we can o to replicate? It’s literally happening when you open a new file and copy paste the default movieFileIn TOP?

Best
Markus

Correct, brand new project, first thing I do is paste (ctrl+v) and math chop is placed.

Can’t replicate the problem on my other laptop, also newest TD099 2017.7500, with Nvidia 860m.

Text/strings/floats all copy and paste without problems, but ops only paste a math chop.

Cutting + pasting in TouchDesigner, makes use of an external folder, to allow cutting+pasting between sessions more reliably.

May be a permissions issue, where you can only read, but not write out the new copied content.

You can find out the location of the temp folder TouchDesigner is using, by issuing the following command in the textport:

python >>> var(‘TEMP’)

Hope that helps,
Rob.

Thanks for the hint Rob, you set me in the correct direction. Turns out I needed to change the preferences on my windows Temp folder to allow any of my users to write to the folder. This is strange since I had tried running TD as administrator which should’ve side stepped the issue, but apparently even my administrator didn’t have writing privileges.

Thanks for the help!!!