FIXED: MacOS 099 2017.5940 Interface starts flashing

I’ve had a few instances now where the whole TD interface just starts flashing. This has happened of a few different projects so I don’t think it’s related to a particular file.
MacOs Sierra 10.12.4 - MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016) Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB
td-flashing2.mov (5.97 MB)

If this does not occur on the default sample toe, can you share one of the files that exhibit this issue or send it to support@derivative.ca? I’m wondering if there’s some common component in the different projects.

I’ve found that it’s a state that TD can end up in but only after some sequence of actions that I haven’t yet been able to identify. I have not found any particular file that consistently causes it. I do know that it did not involve connecting to external displays or anything like that. Something either navigating around in a network or interacting with a UI panel.

(and yes I know this is vague but it’s at least something)

Will do. I’ve found that the problem only occurs after opening a floating preview window of my last render TOP, and then after adding and deleting a few operators (regardless of which) it manifests itself.

What do you mean by “last Render TOP”? the last TOP in your chain or an actual Render TOP?

I mean the last TOP in the chain.

We can’t reproduce it on the same hardware here. However I noticed you are using 10.12.4 and we were on 10.12.1. So we are updating our machine but now the latest is 10.12.5, so again we won’t have the same setup. Can you update to 10.12.5 and let us know if the problem persists.

OK. I’m on 10.12.5. This is a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7, with the Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB.

I’ve found a file where this is very easy to reproduce (attached). Simply:

1. Open a floating viewer for the last TOP in the chain (Out1)
  2. Stick in a Sphere SOP instead of the Box1 SOP (into facet1)
    closest_instance_to_a_moving_object_will_trigger_animation.toe (8.71 KB)

Amazing! that example is reproducible, we’ll dig into it!

Hi Rui, this is no longer reproducible in the latest official, its been fixed somewhere along the way over the last year! Let us know if you run into any other cases.