FIXED: Build 2017.5540 (Win64): CHOP Export to Pulse inco...

I’ve been experiencing strange behavior when exporting CHOP channels to Pulse parameters on various OPs where the exports will not consistently trigger the Pulse. I noticed this a week or so ago, but I didn’t want to submit a bug report until I could figure out how to consistently recreate the scenario.

For example:
I add a momentary Button COMP and subsequent Null CHOP to the network and export the resultant channel to a Pulse parameter, in this case the Start on a Timer CHOP. The channel looks to have been exported successfully, but when I click the button, nothing happens with the Timer CHOP. If I create a second Timer CHOP and export to its Start parameter, it will work.

If I save this project and reopen it, both exports seem to work. It’s a minor bug, but it has made exporting CHOPs to pulse parameters difficult.

The above experiment seems to work the same every time I try it.

I’ve uploaded a video showing the process.
demonstration.mov (6.7 MB)
CHOP_export_to_pulse.toe (5.02 KB)

Windows 10 67bit
TD 099 2017.5540
GTX 1060

Good find!

I had the same results replicating this set up.

A few discoveries here worth noting:

• Cutting and pasting the timer op resulted in a working export.
  • In the timer op changing the parameter tri-state to non-export, then back to export resulted in a functioning export.
  • Bypassing and force cooking the null, export table, or timer were ineffective at resolving the issue.
  • Togging the export flag on the null CHOP was also ineffective at resolving the issue.

Still Having the same issues on latest build and windows.

Did any resolve ever come of this?

This is now working in build 2017.16360+

Still getting this in 22270.

Hi @blackburst, I can not reproduce this bug in new official 2018.22800

Since official 2017.16620 fixes were merged into 2018.22800, could you try that build and report your findings.

In 23760 attaching a button’s chop to the start par of a timer does not work for me. How can I pulse this par with a chop?

It seems it doesn’t work only when first connected. If you save and reload the file, delete the export and reconnect, or delete the Timer CHOP and ctrl+Z, then everything works fine. Let me know if you are experiencing otherwise and upload your setup. We will work on the initialization case.

I am having this problem with 2018.25000. I have tried exporting chops to the pushbutton parameters for DATs (Table, FileOut, FileIn) and I get no response. Even files that worked on earlier versions of TD have this problem. I am rolling back to the previous release. The above workarounds don’t work.

Thanks kdsalter, I was able to see the problem using a File Out DAT. We are looking into it. Out of curiosity, which build can you go back to where it works?

I had to go back to November 2017. Releases as late as May 2018 still had the problem.

The issue with the File Out DAT will be fixed in an upcoming build.
However the File In DAT ‘refreshpulse’ button worked well.
Were there other examples still failing?

I think FileIn dat was OK. It was just kind of difficult to tell with file out failed.