OP Viewer COMP "enable" par has no effect

TouchDesigner 099 2017.4580 (also reproducible in 088 62380)
Windows 10 Pro

I need the OP Viewer COMP to “View” only (at least in a perform window) which seems like something that should be possible – and is possible on the much less efficient OP Viewer TOP.

per the wiki article at:
derivative.ca/wiki099/index. … iewer_COMP

This has no effect on OP Viewer COMP – and appears to be no alternative way to Disable interaction with an OP_Viewer_COMP (e.g. click through.)

per Ben Voigt in the #how_do_i slack channel:

So I guess the key word in this case is “mostly” :slight_smile:

Let me know if there is an alternative i’m missing (that doesn’t involve a costly OP Viewer TOP) and/or if this can be addressed in a future release.

Thanks!

As a temporary work around you might add another container that’s on the depth layer in front of your opviewer. With Click through off you won’t be able to interact with the opviewer underneath the container.

opview_noclick.tox (590 Bytes)

Click through should work in this case but it seems all events are being passed through the the OP’s Viewer and not registering at the Panel COMP level. We’ll look into if this can be changed.

Perhaps a OP Viewer TOP in a Container is better for your case if you do not want any panel interaction?
Matthew’s suggestion is also a great technique used often, basically an invisible overlay to capture panel events.