FIXED: Parameter Expression Bug

Hello,

this is a little complicated so I’ll explain it step by step.

• I create a baseCOMP via python
  • In the same script, I put in expressions for its parameters
  • Now the Parameter Execute does not trigger, if the value changes

In the example file: If you change a custom parameter of base1, it changes the same parameter in the ‘Preset’ baseCOMP via expression. This should trigger the Parameter Execute and print the value to the textport, but it doesn’t.

I hope the problem is clear.

Cheers, David

Windows 10
Touch 64-bit 099 Build 2017.3580
ParExprBug.toe (4.11 KB)

Not totally sure what’s happening here, but if you force cook the new preset base, and parexec chop you get results as expected.

Try adding these two lines to the bottom of your preset creation script:

preset.cook( force = True ) op( 'parexec1' ).cook( force = True )

Thank you Matthew, it works like a charm :slight_smile:

And thank you very much for all your great touch tutorials.
I watch all of them an they helped me a lot :slight_smile:)

Another oddity: If I load an external tox to that baseCOMP via python, everythings works, but it doesn’t display the loaded tox in the external tox parameter of the comp. Force cooking doesn’t help here.

The Parameter Execute DAT was missing some updates when custom parameters are added, so that part has been fixed. Note that the Parameter Execute DAT does not cook the node it is watching, so you will want to cook Presets once to establish dependencies, or use the node in some other way.

loadTox loads a tox inside a network. External tox source the contents of the network from the specified tox. So if you want to update base1 with the contents of a tox file, you’ll set the External tox to that file and then pulse the load button.