FIXED: TOUCH_STEREO variable hangs TouchDesigner

Hi all,

I’m trying to get TD to output 3D to an Optoma DLP projector. I can get side-to-side to work fine, but can’t get proper 3D out from the Window COMP.

I’ve followed all the steps, but when I restart TD after setting the Windows environment variable TOUCH_STEREO to 1, it hangs on the startup window for over five minutes, and just closes.

Has anyone gotten any luck getting 3D stereo to work in recent builds under Win 10?

Thanks!

Moving this to Bugs forum.

Can you tell me what GPU and driver version you are using?
Thanks

I fixed the hang that occurs, however the hang occurs trying to open a window to shown an error message. If you are using an Nvidia GPU, you need to turn on stereo in two spots. On the main stereoscopic page, and also on the ‘Manage 3D settings’ page. If you aren’t getting an error you won’t get a hang.
Thanks for your report.

Thanks Malcolm!

I’m really amazed by your responsiveness! It’s been a while since I’ve seen that in a software company (and I’ve worked in software for a while!)

So if I understand correctly, the hang comes from an error message that fails to appear - if I enable 3D in the two control panels (nVidia and Windows), it should just work.

Sadly, I believe I’m stuck in 3D support no-man’s-land. My projector is too new to be on the list of what nVidia supports. I’ve got an nVidia GTX 1060, and the “3D Vision” software that would make it work in 3D doesn’t seem maintained - if I try to install it, I’m being told that it has to overwrite more recent files. The result is that I can’t properly enable 3D in the nVidia control panel. It seems that nVidia has given up on 3D support - which s a pity since it’s great for installation work.

If you know of a way to get 3D to work with regular DLP-link glasses, I’d love to hear about it!
Thanks,
LP