FIXED: Helios DAC disconnects then crashes TD

Hi

been working with the helios DAC and getting some issues - not got much to compare it to - but i get fair amount of flickering which can sort of be manged by setting tweaks

but the main issues is that after time or when i am patching and running the DAC it disconnects (i hear the usb notification) - reconnects and appears in the device dropdown on the CHOP as Helios90 but if i try and delete the chop or anything is crashes Touch

anyone else seeing this? had a dig about the forum but couldn’t find this specifically - as a side note anyone know if Etherdream is a bit more robust?

thanks

b

EtherDream is more robust and the CHOP has had years more testing. But we want to get the Helios right so could you mention the build and operating system you are on. Do you get any dmp files, if so please send them.

thanks ben

i figured etherdream might be more robust as there is generally more out there about it - but seemingly a bit harder to get hold of

build # is Win 64 bit - 2017.16620
this is a dmp that i have from the crash

cheers

b
TouchDesignerCrash099.x64.2017.16620.1.dmp (202 KB)

Just a little update on this - the crash also happens when patching without the DAC connected - if i try and delete the node TD hangs and has to be force closed with no .dmp file generated

not sure if that helps find the bug

thanks

b

Thanks I can also reproduce your second case here.

This issue will be fixed in the next official build, 2017.16920+

Great thanks very much

B